The CAR-Jamor Residence is at the service of the interests and needs of those who search the highest levels of sports performance, providing the preparation required to achieve excellence results.
Considering the objectives outlined above, it is imperative that admission to the CAR-Jamor Residence, and its services and valences, comply with well-defined and rigorous criteria, related to the sporting performance of the candidate Athlete and also with criteria that, in order to provide better alternatives in post-career sports, value their academic and/or professional qualification. In this way, the funding to be given to the federations in this context will take into account the sports status of the candidate athlete and their academic achievement.
Upon application, practitioners may be placed under one of the following regimes:
- Internal regime practitioners
- External regime practitioners
- Practitioners on a periodic basis regime
The CAR-Jamor Residence places at the disposal of the supported practitioners, according to the respective regime, a set of valences and services, such as:
- Accommodation: pavilion with 42 double rooms and 3 single rooms;
- Catering, in the Jamor Centro de Estágio da Cruz Quebrada (CECQ) cantine;
- Social and Leisure Area, which includes Library and Study Room, Social Room, Living Room with TV, Computer Room, Amphitheater/Auditorium, Laundry Room, Kitchen and Cup;
- Audiovisual media and internet access;
- Follow-up of the practitioners by resident tutors, under the terms agreed between the IPDJ, I.P. and sports federations;
- Pedagogical support to resident practitioners, from Basic to Higher education, taught by qualified Teachers;
- Follow-up of practicing residents in the scope of Social Assistance, carried out by specialized technique;
- Specialized support in the field of Medicine, Physiotherapy, Sports Psychology, Nutrition, Training Evaluation and Control, Morphology and Body Composition Evaluation, Technical and Biomechanical Evaluation, among other valences, in the Sports Medicine and Training Control Unit;
- Access to the Exercise Room and Altitude Training Room of the Sports Medicine Unit and Training Control;
- Access to all sports facilities of Centro Desportivo Nacional do Jamor (CDNJ) (Jamor National Sports Center).
For more detailed information about the CAR-Jamor Residence, consult the respective Guidance Document.