Jamor for All
The National Program of Sport for All (PNDpT) has been drawn up in accordance with the international guidelines of the Sport for All (DpT) movement and adopts the definition enshrined in the European Charter for Sport, in which sport "means all forms of physical activity which, through organized participation or not, are aimed at the expression or improvement of physical and mental condition, the development of social relations or the achievement of results in competition at all levels."
Sports and physical activity are now recognized as having a strong positive impact in areas such as health, education, economy, quality of life, tourism, etc.
In this perspective and with the objective of systematically giving the possibility of the users of the Centro Desportivo Nacional do Jamor (CDNJ) to have access to a wide range of activities with adequate technical environment and to spaces and equipment of quality and attractive, we launched a project "Jamor para Todos / Jamor for All ", to be included in the framework of the National Program of Sport for All and based on four main vectors, three of them being addressed directly to users:
1. the technically framed activities open to all users,
2. the spaces and equipment of free use,
3. events open to all participants,
and a project to open the CDNJ to the surrounding community, addressed to the collective entities:
4. PAALCO Jamor - Project to Support Local Associations of the Municipality of Oeiras, which aims to provide space and support for activities and events predominantly in the open air, developed by associations, clubs and local communities, in the CDNJ area that promote several actions to raise awareness and information on the activities that these entities develop among the population of all age groups, especially in a context of healthy habits and lifestyles.
In addition to the many activities that can be performed in free-access sports facilities, among which are the maintenance circuits, the cross track, the recreational playground, the outdoor gymn, the XCO and Enduro tracks, or the new force structure; as well as in the areas adjacent to the different sports facilities, the CDNJ also offers its users a set of activities with technical framework.
You can see in the map below the schedules available for the different activities:
Click the image to enlarge.
In the scope of Sport for All, in the CDNJ you can find, in particular, the following activities:
• Climbing and Hiking, activities under the supervision of the Camping and Mountaineering Federation of Portugal (FCMP)